Services and Expectations
List of Services
The following are the services provided at The Office of The Superintending
Engineer(Irri) Shillong Circle :-
- Giving approval and specific direction to the District Offices for conducting
Investigation report and preliminary survey on the Schemes/Projects applied by the
Member of the public/ farmers within the jurisdiction of the Shillong Circle.
- Forwarding of Schemes and Estimates Report to the higher authority which are
submitted by the District Offices after scrutinizing and approval were given to
- Floating of Tenders and Selection of the right Tenderer for those member of the
public already registered with the Government for value of works above Rs. 1.00 lakhs up to 4.00 lakhs.
- Giving approval to Estimate under construction Head which consist of new
construction, repair works, renovation works etc. of Office buildings, Officers and
Staff quarters, Godowns etc. of the Department of Agriculture for value of works up
to Rs. 4.00 lakhs.
Expectation of The Office from the Public
- On the part of the public authority, first and foremost, expects the member of the
public especially from the farmer community not to hesitate to come forward and seek
the Office's assistance in providing irrigation facilities to them when ever is
- The Office also expect the public support and full co-operation in execution of its
various schemes and Programmes after sanctioned of the same has been obtained.
- The Office looks forward to public's participation to fully utilize the potential
provided through the functioning of the completed schemes and projects etc.
- Each schemes/project etc, after it's implementation should have its own Water Users
Association (W.U.As) formed mainly by those member of the public benefiting from
such programs or schemes. These W.U.As will served as the caretaker and should look
after the welfare and grievances of the farmers for each respective Schemes or
- The member of the public especially the farmers who are benefiting from the
completed schemes which have been implemented by the Office are expected to look
after the well-being of the projects, manage and maintain the same to a certain
extend to assure smooth functioning of such projects.
- Any suggestions and advices from any member of the Public are mostly welcomed by the
Office for enhancing its effectiveness and efficiency.